This is a Protek R/C Ceramic 14.5x26x6mm “MX-Speed” Rear Engine Bearing,and is intended for use with the Novarossi Plus 21-5 and Plus 21-7 off-road competition buggy engines.This bearing also fits recent Novarossi and RB Concepts engines thatrequire the special 14.5x26mm rear bearings.
ProTek MX-Speed engine bearings have 2 distinct advantages whencompared to other bearings that provide decreased resistance, increasedspeed, load handling capabilities and extended bearing life.
- Precision Ball Races: A unique bearing racedesign is used that increases load capabilities, centering the balls inthe middle of bearing race. This allows the bearing to continue torotate smoothly when the crankshaft is subjected to harsh side andradial loads.
- PA46 Nylon Cage: A stronger, thicker bearingcage material has been developed that allows the bearings to withstandhigh nitro content fuel and excessive temperatures. The reinforced PA46nylon has been subjected to Heat Distortion Temperatures of 554° withoutfailure.
Our ProTek Ceramic Engine Bearingsare ahybrid type, featuring Stainless Steel outer races with Si3N4silicone nitride ceramic balls riding on a polymide inner race. Ceramicbearings have many advantagesover standard steel bearings, such as decreased weight, higher RPMcapabilities, increased corrosion and wear resistance, as well asreduced friction and vibration.
So next time you purchase a engine bearing, when you ask yourself”Why should I buy Ceramic?” You should be asking yourself “Why shouldn’tI?”
Advantages of Ceramic:
- High Speed: Hybrid Bearings can reach aresistance level of 1,200,000dN with grease lubrication, due to reducedslip, wear extent and heat productivity.
- Lightweight: The weight of ceramics is 60%lighter than steel, which decreases the centrifugal force and overallweight.
- Long Service Life: The service life of HybridBearings is 3 to 5 times longer than that of steel in comparable workingconditions.
- Self Lubricating: Even when poorly lubricatedor with no lubrication, ceramic bearings will continue to functionlonger than steel under the same level of stress due to their selflubricating properties.
- Corrosion Resistance: Hybrid bearings haveexcellent corrosion resistance, and will continue to function whilecorroded.
- High Rigidity: The elastic ration of ceramicsis 1.5 times greater than that of steel, this dramatically increases therigidity of the balls.
- Low Friction: Ceramic materials have a lowfriction force. Even under the conditions of boundary lubrication, thesurfaces are extremely smooth, so its friction force is low and therotational friction moment is low.
- Wear Resistant: The micro-hardness of ceramicscan reach a Vickers Hardness level of HV1700 kg/mm2
NOTE: This bearing should be installed so that theballs face the rear of the engine (towards the backplate), in order toallow proper lubrication.
ProTek R/C is an AMain Sports & Hobbies brand.
This product was added to our catalog on November 2, 2010
There are no reviews yet.